Second grade teacher (1)
Description and Requirements
Makki Educational Academy
4926 N. Kimball Ave.
Chicago, Illinois 60625
2nd Grade Teacher
Starting $30,000-$35,000 based on credentials
Chief Education Officer
Founded in 2017, it is the vision of Makki Educational Academy (MEA) to provide an excellent education through high academic standards in a nurturing Islamic environment. MEA strives to empower young Muslims to become confident, contributing members of a global society.
MEA is seeking a full-time teacher to continue to form the foundation of this newly founded institution. To that end, MEA is seeking a qualified full-time teacher who will contribute to MEA’s vision and further empower our students to become leaders for tomorrow’s society.
Potential candidates will possess the following attributes:
- Deliver lessons on reading, writing, and mathematics based on CORE curriculum
- Skill in the application of contemporary principles and practices of teaching, good oral and written communication skills, good interpersonal skills, skill in exercising sound and professional judgment.
- Develops lesson plans and manages the learning experiences for students to ensure the needs of the groups and individual students are met.
- Maintains a neat, well organized, and attractive prepared environment
- Participates in professional activities designated by MEA admin, which may include workshops, curriculum retreats, meetings, grade reporting, planning, and other professional pursuits.
- Prepare a variety of written materials (e.g. grades, attendance, student records, etc.) for the purpose of documenting student progress and meeting mandated requirements.
- Attends all pre-announced staff meetings and professional sessions, including staff, level, committee and, evening parent meetings.
- Works to develop close and effective relationships with parents, including opportunities to discuss and understand the child’s individual progress; encourages them to bond with both the class and the larger school community; provides individualized tracking of student progress.
- Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Follows the school’s policies and procedures for student evaluation and record keeping, meeting all due dates as required; includes the administration of standardized tests (if applicable).
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- a bachelor’s degree in any field related to early childhood education, elementary, secondary, or high school education
- valid teaching license issued by the Illinois State Board of Education: Professional Educator License (PEL), Educator License with Stipulations (ELS) or a Substitute License.
- Knowledge of early childhood education practices and development
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Elementary teacher (1-5) (Full Time)
August 1st, 2019
Title: Chief Education OfficerEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Makki Educational Academy
3418 W Ainslie St, Chicago, IL 60625, USA