Description and Requirements
Come and make an impact to securing and guiding the future of high school students in one of the largest Islamic School in United States.
The ideal candidate will play a vital role in providing a comprehensive academic program and college readiness which meets the needs of the school. The academic counselor will play a key role in promoting and enhancing academic, personal, social, and career development of all students, especially high school students, according to the policies and procedures set by the school advisory board and administration.
- Own and manage Advance Placement and Dual Credit programs
- Organize, manage and administer student academic records including official transcript management
- Create early awareness and foster the knowledge and skills that lay the foundation in the elementary school for the academic rigor and social development necessary for college and career readiness.
- Provide and execute a framework to explore and deepen college and career knowledge and skills necessary for academic planning and goal setting for middle-school students. Build a college-going culture based on early college awareness by nurturing in students the confidence to aspire to college and the resilience to overcome challenges along the way.
- Monitor students’ planning, preparation, participation and performance in a rigorous academic program that connects to their college and career aspirations and goals. Ensure equitable exposure to a wide range of extracurricular and enrichment opportunities that build leadership, nurture talents and interests, and increase engagement with school.
- Guides individual and group of students through the development of educational plans and career awareness.
- Connect students to school and community resources to help the students overcome barriers and ensure the successful transition from high school to college.
- Consults with parents, teachers, administrators, and other relevant stakeholders to enhance students’ academic and social development.
- Co-ordinate access to college and career pathways that promote full implementation of personal goals that ensure the widest range of future life options.
- Provide students and families with comprehensive information about college costs, options for paying for college, and the financial aid and scholarship processes and eligibility requirements, so they are able to plan for and afford a college education.
- Analyze test data and interpret the test and other required reports appropriately. Maintain high expectations by providing adequate supports, building social capital and conveying the conviction that all students can succeed in college.
- Compile, maintain and file all required physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents to help route children to proper classes, testing, tutoring, counseling services, medical services, and social services, so that each child can achieve optimum academic and social development.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with other school professionals and representatives of community resources.
- Comply with all policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and board policy in academic counseling
- Observes ethical standards of the Texas and the American School Counselor Association. Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Education/Training (Requisite Skills):
- A Bachelor’s degree in Education, Developmental Psychology or related field. Master’s Degree in School Counseling is a plus.
- Valid School Counselor Certification
- Valid Texas Teaching Certificate
- Demonstrated knowledge of academic counseling procedures, student appraisal and career development
- Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate effectively with students, staff and parents
- Demonstrated ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Must be self-motivated and able to respond quickly and effectively to changing priorities. Solid written, oral and presentation skills. Must be a proficient MS Office user.
- Should be flexible with work schedule to work weekend and evening hours as required. Must be eligible to work in the United States. The successful candidate must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
Administrative (Full Time)
Name: Secretary, ISI
Title: Secretary, Board of DirectorEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Islamic School of Irving
2555 Esters Rd, Irving, TX 75062, USA