1st & 2nd Grade Teacher
Description and Requirements
Al-Hadi Learning Organization provides an enriching environment for both students and staff to grow personally and professionally. Teachers enjoy collaborative opportunities to work with other educators and community partners as well as autonomy and flexibility within the classroom. As a newly founded Islamic educational organization, Al-Hadi provides affordable, quality education for students aged two years and up in a nurturing, enriching, and holistic environment.
Our mission at Al Hadi Learning Organization is to collaborate with educators, parents, and community experts to create a holistic learning ecosystem to cultivate exceptional God-conscious children who make positive choices in the form of civic engagement and are lifelong learners who seek beneficial knowledge.
We seek individuals who are committed and passionate to teaching and learning in order to create a community of lifelong learners. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, nationality, ethnicity, disability, or gender in hiring practices. All candidates that meet the job description and requirements are encouraged to apply.
The lead-teacher is responsible for building a learning community within the 1st & 2nd grade mixed-age classroom. The teacher plans both long and short range learning activities in accordance with curriculum objectives and goals, developmentally appropriate practice, and program philosophy. The teacher solicits the help of parents, colleagues, and director to effectively meet the intellectual, social, emotional, physical, and spiritual needs of each child.
Full-time, M-F 9:30-3:30 pm
Licensing & Education Requirements:
- Must have the following minimum qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, elementary education, special education, or child development from an accredited U.S. University
- 3 years of experience working under supervision primarily with students in elementary grades in a private or public school, religious-operated school, or similar setting
- Certified and approved as a teacher by the State Department of Education or any other state for early childhood or elementary education
- Complete approved continued training at the rate of at least 12 clock hours per full year of employment as a lead teacher and document completion of the continued training on the professional development plan
Elementary teacher (1-5) (Full Time)
Pay and Benefits
Employees are entitled to the following benefits:
- Paid Salary
- 2 weeks vacation/sick days
- Benefits package or bonus
- Family-friendly work environment
- 50% teacher discount for student tuition including before/afterschool care, core program tuition
Name: Sabera Husain
Title: DirectorEmail: email@example.com
Al Hadi Learning Organization
2704 Martello Dr, Silver Spring, MD 20904, USA