DIRECTOR OF CURRICULUM
Description and Requirements
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Analytical skills to examine student test data and make recommendations for improvement in curriculum, teaching, and learning using best practices.
- Effective writing skills
- Good interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships with teachers and school administrators
- Creativity — able to think of new ways to engage students
- Leadership skills to coach teachers on effective instructional strategies
- Maintains in-depth and up-to-date knowledge in the related field.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpret state and common core guidelines and make recommendations to school curricula to ensure that the material students learn is in line with the state’s standards.
- Develop procedures for teachers to implement curriculum, with the support of the school admin.
- Recommend teaching techniques and the use of various technologies to improve instruction
- Mentor or coach teachers to improve their skills
- Review, develop, and updates course content annually.
- Review, develop and maintain course offering to provide a competitive program of studies in consultation with the administration.
- Develop and maintain a research database that may be utilized to develop and review the curriculum with the goal of updating one subject per year.
- Develop curricular goals and outlines for all subjects for new and updated curriculum as well as the current curriculum.
- Actively pursue opportunities to continue to learn best practices in the curriculum through research, professional development, and other learning opportunities.
- Monitor professional research and disseminate ideas and information to the staff on a regular basis.
- Conduct and or arrange for professional development sessions for staff in the areas of need and/or for the identified goals.
- Provide effective staff development activities that incorporate the mission of the school, program evaluation outcomes, with input from teachers and others.
- Conduct research and consult with admin in the design and development of new curriculum
- Implement a new curriculum through adequate teacher training and follow up.
- Review and recommend textbooks and other educational materials to align with the identified standards
- Manage relationships with publishers to ensure textbook edition changes and learning resources are appropriately reflected in course updates.
- Create a systemized approach to administering standardized tests.
- Analyze student test data and direct classroom instruction to maximize learning.
- Obtain standardized assessment data and use evaluative findings (including student achievement data to examine curriculum and instruction program effectiveness.
- Monitor the progress and recommend school-wide curricular adjustments to align with competitive goals with a focus on school improvement.
- Monitor the progress of students on academic probation, on a quarterly basis.
- Implement and follow through with the academic probation process with students, teachers, and parents.
- Supervise the AP program and monitor the progress. Provide annual reports.
- Coordinate the review/assessment of the current curriculum to ensure that course/program is meeting intended objectives and requirements, through the following:
- Quarterly Review of Curriculum Maps
- Weekly review of lesson plans
- Weekly review of Renweb grades
- Monthly review of classroom assessments
- Plan the necessary time, resources, and materials to support the accomplishments of educational goals as determined by the HOS.
- Prepare and distribute the summer reading lists
- Create and distribute the master schedule in consultation with the Head of School.
- Responsible for textbook renewal recommendations based upon thorough research and best practices.
- Oversee the distribution of all textbooks to students at the start of each year and collection at the end of the year.
- Oversee the distribution of all teacher resources to the staff at the start of each year.
- Oversee the order of all-new text material at the end of each year.
- Create a systemized and documented approach for all identified responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the administration.
Administrative (Full Time)
Name: Farhat Siddiqui
Title: Head of SchoolEmail: email@example.com
American Youth Academy
5905 E 130th Ave, Tampa, FL 33617, USA