Director of Elementary and Middle School
Description and Requirements
Al-Hamra Academy is hiring a Director of Elementary and Middle School. The director will hold a pivotal role in upholding the core values of the school, advancing student achievement, collaborating with faculty and staff while developing an inclusive school culture. The Director must be skilled at developing relationships with all stakeholders, support teachers in the implementation of academic rigor, supervise areas of student concerns and communicate effectively with parents. The Director must be a self-starter, manage daily tasks efficiently and be able to lead projects.
- The Director will assist the principal to build and maintain staff morale, high expectations, visibility, and accessibility in the school.
- Demonstrate good listening skills and experience/training in social emotional learning.
- Promote each students success, sense of belonging and cultural competency.
- Promote diversity, equity and inclusion in the school and ensure accountability to this initiative.
- Use a variety of student data to make decisions about both academic and social-emotional needs of students.
- Communicate with staff, parents and students in a collaborative and timely manner.
- Promote student responsibility for and participation in the development of school policies and procedures.
- Participate in identifying at-risk students and work with the student, teacher, parent, and guidance personnel to develop programmatic plans to meet their needs.
- Develop rules and regulations which are consistent with the Policy Handbook and the program needs of the school.
- Implement the student handbook, the schools discipline code of conduct and works with the principal to make appropriate revisions.
- Coordinate and monitor student discipline.
- Maintain contact with parents and community groups to explain, define, and interpret school accomplishments and needs.
Teaching and Learning
- Possess strong leadership skills to effectively problem-solve, guide and coach staff in best practices, and support a school climate which promotes effective teaching and learning for all learners.
- Emphasize student academic growth and social emotional development as program outcomes.
- Chairs committees or task forces to fulfill school improvement plan goals, especially in the area of equity, technology, innovative practices
- Participate in curriculum development activities aligned with school and district goals.
- Participate in Special Education meetings when deemed appropriate. Recommends policies and programs essential to the needs of students with disabilities.*Maintains an effective liaison and communication with parent groups, staff members, community agencies, special education schools and programs, and other professional organizations relating to special education.
Staff Supervision and Evaluation
- Assist the principal in the hiring process.
- Assist and collaborate with the principal on the teacher evaluation process by assuming responsibility for some teacher and building staff evaluations.
- Assist the Principal in planning for and facilitating building-based professional development.
Daily Operations of the Building
- Effectively implement school and system plans, protocols and procedures in crisis and emergency situations.
- Supervise the effective operation of the cafeteria during student lunches.
- Supervise the preparation of student schedules, and propose class schedules and extracurricular activities.
- Oversee the MAP testing.
- Assist the Principal in providing for the safety of all personnel engaged in the school program.
- Secure and schedules substitute coverage and organizes and monitors substitute folders.
- Assist in the preparation of reports on attendance, enrollment and other matters relating to pupils.
- Work with curriculum coordinators and faculty in compiling the annual budget requests; requisitions supplies, textbooks, and equipment; conducts inventories; maintains records; and checks on receipts for such material; coordinates ordering, storage and distribution of instructional supplies and equipment with the help of bookkeeper and administrative staff.
- Fulfill other duties and responsibilities as delegated or required by the Principal,
- Masters Degree or higher from an accredited college or university with a concentration in Administration, Supervision, and/or Curriculum.
- At least five years of experience as a teacher or related service provider in a Elementary/Middle School setting, with evidence of strong leadership ability.
Administrative (Full Time)
Name: Dr. Noor Ali
Title: PrincipalEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Al Hamra Academy
435 South St, Shrewsbury, MA 01545, USA