Educational Program Administrator
Description and Requirements
Educational Programs Administrator Job Description
Al-Hidaya Center located in Latham, NY is looking to fill the “Educational Programs Administrator” position responsible for
administering all educational programs in the Al-Hidaya Learning department. The administrator
works closely with the Learning Department Principal and oversees the day-to-day functions of
Al-Hidaya Learning at every level: Quran, Hifdh, Islamic Studies, and Junior Youth Programs as well
as summer and after school activities. The administrator is a leader who lays out an optimistic vision
for the future of Al-Hidaya Learning.
Time Commitment: Full Time at 40 hrs/week. Must be able to work M-F from 3pm to 8pm, weekend
mornings while school is in session, and other hours as agreed upon.
● Facilitating the annual registration and placement of children into the appropriate classes.
● Overseeing the success of events such as staff training, annual teacher appreciation dinner,
graduation, and parent-student orientations.
● Obtaining approval from Imams for program and event content.
● Creating annual teacher schedules and keeping staff contracts up to date.
● Tracking the hours worked by Al-Hidaya Learning staff and submitting those hours to the
Al-Hidaya Treasurer for payroll.
● Enforcing existing Al-Hidaya Learning and broader Al-Hidaya Center rules and regulations.
● When needed, creating, implementing, and enforcing new rules and regulations with approval
from the Learning Principle and the Al-Hidaya Board.
● Coordinating with Imams and Teachers to produce and implement a school discipline code.
● Taking responsibility for student safety whilst they are at Al-Hidaya Center and ensuring that
students are picked up promptly by the appropriate person.
● Formulating procedures for efficient school opening and closing.
● Creating an annual school calendar that clarifies important dates and breaks.
● Conducting teacher evaluations in conjunction with Learning Program Representatives & The
● Creating and maintaining essential school documents.
● Ensuring the proper utilization of the in house school management system called Tasjeel.
● Communicating important announcements and information to parents and Learning staff.
● Being present at and taking notes in school committee meetings.
● Obtaining, taking inventory of, and facilitating the distribution of Learning textbooks.
● Obtaining needed supplies and materials for school function.
● Becoming involved with extracurricular activities that enhance Islamic learning.
● Coordinate with the Finance Officer the collection of fees for Learning programs & events.
● Oversee the maintenance staff on an as-needed basis and assign duties as it relates to educational
● Coordinate with other lead Al-Hidaya staff to determine the availability of space for Learning Programs.
● Expected to be punctual and to clock in and clock out no more than 15 minutes from the
agreed-upon start and end times.
● Expected to report directly to the Learning Principle and the President of the Board of
● Expected to complete all other tasks as assigned.
● Candidates with a college degree that is completed are preferred.
● Candidates with prior experience in administrative or educational work are preferred.
● Must have excellent typing, computer, and multitasking skills.
● Must be familiar with G Suite applications such as Youtube, Gmail, Drive, Sheets, and Docs.
● Must be familiar with Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
● Must be familiar with scheduling and video conferencing applications.
● Must be detail-oriented and able to work on multiple assignments concurrently.
● Must be able to complete work independently as well as in a team environment.
● Excellent interpersonal skills are a must.
● Excellent time management skills and able to proactively work towards deadlines.
● Must be able to communicate verbal and written English in a professional manner.
● Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Are you interested in this position? Go to the link below to apply.
Scan me or go to: http://tiny.cc/pkhxsz
Administrative (Full Time)
Pay and Benefits
Excellent pay and benefits offered. Please email HR@al-hidaya.org to get more details.
Name: Uzma Popal
Title: HR ManagerEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Al Hidaya Learning
322 Troy Schenectady Rd, Latham, NY 12110, USA