Description and Requirements
Job Title: Financial Administrator
Reports to: Head of School
Position Type: Full-Time
Work Hours: 7:45 – 4:00 (M-F)
The Financial Administrator is responsible for safe-guarding the assets of the School and ensuring that all financial and operations functions meet the needs of the School and its constituencies. Reports to the Operational Manager.
- Performs duties and tasks, as needed, associated with all aspects of finance, including: financial accounting and controls, budgeting; analysis and reporting; insurance; negotiation and financial management of contracts; and general administration.
- Collaborates with the Head of School and division administrators to ensure that programs remain on budget and are scaled to financial means.
- This position requires a hands-on financial professional who is prepared to grapple with and resolve issues in real time as needed.
- Accounts for funds entrusted to the School; maintains current, accurate financial records of operations and the financial position of the school.
- Provides all financial information necessary for current operations, assessments and future planning. Analyzes the costs of all school departments.
- Prepares implements and manages annual operating and capital budgets.
- Manages cash effectively; maintains an internal control structure.
- Responsible for accounts payable, tuition receivables, banking, cafeteria funds, transportation and facilities.
- Prepares government reports as required for compliance
- Check, verify and process invoices
- Prepare payments for signature
- Analyze discrepancies and unpaid invoices
- Maintain vendor files
- Setting and managing customer accounts
- Code, post and receipt payments
- Prepare and coordinate deposit activities
- Perform all necessary account, bank and other reconciliations
- Monitor customer accounts for non payment and delayed payment
- Update, verify and maintain accounting journals and ledgers and other financial records
- Manage and develop month end reporting procedures
- Find and use accounting data to resolve accounting problems and discrepancies
- Track and audit petty cash
- Assist with employee expense reports
- Perform filing and general administrative tasks
- Liaise with other departments/customers/vendors
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- At least ten years of proven managerial, problem-solving and planning capability.
- Significant experience in responsibly managing financial, administrative and day-to-day business operations.
- Passion for continuous process improvement, accuracy and detail.
- Ability to interpret and explain complex issues and their financial/operational implications.
- Strong, hands-on experience in financial management including analysis and reporting, budgeting, asset management, audit compliance, federal and state tax regulations and reporting procedures.
- Ability to strategize and develop mechanisms to manage expenses.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, oral communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and relate well to students, parents, staff, faculty, and others.
- Must be highly analytical and able to multitask and complete projects in a timely manner.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to employ flexibility and creativity in the execution of duties.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Collaborative leadership style: must be a team player, with a positive attitude, exemplifying Athenian’s core values and Mission.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks.
- Advanced computer proficiency and the ability to effectively use Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Access and PowerPoint, which will be determined and validated by testing
- Maintains confidentiality with all sensitive information
- Organizes work well and is able to successfully prioritize when faced with multiple requests, demands, and deadlines
- Ability to use 10-key
- Gives the highest priority to achieving accuracy
- Ability to communicate exceptionally with customers, outside vendors or company personnel. Exceptional communication skills will assist in motivating, influencing, and advising others on matters of significance.
- Capable of performing a variety of tasks, as well as changing assignments on short notice
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative, accepts all responsibilities fully, and meets deadlines
- Ability to work and make decisions independently, guided by departmental policies, criteria, and goals. Will be required to use your discretion to interpret policies, laws, and theories
- Ability to write letters, memos and reports that command attention and achieve results
- Ability to provide the highest level customer service
- Excels in providing training to individuals and groups
- Displays exceptional learning capacity
- Ability to plan and organize effectively to achieve greater results
- CPA and/or MBA preferred
- Executive managerial experience in the nonprofit sector
- An understanding and knowledge of environmentally-friendly business practices (a proven track record of this is a plus)
- Presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Administrative (Full Time)
Pay and Benefits
10 Reasons to Work at BHA
- A work environment that is never dull.
- An outlet for your creativity.
- The opportunity to profoundly impact the lives of children.
- The satisfaction of contributing to your community.
- The chance to change the future.
- An Islamic environment and family-friendly work schedule.
- The incentives for continued education.
- A job that keeps you young.
- Excellent Benefits- medical, dental, vision and tuition discount for staff children enrolled at BHA.
- The opportunities to receive mentoring from seasoned teachers.
Name: Samira Siddiqui
Title: HR AdministratorEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brighter Horizons Academy - College Preparatory
3145 Medical Plaza Dr, Garland, TX 75044, USA