Human Resources Administrator
Description and Requirements
Under the supervision of the Operation Manager and in cooperation with other BHA administration, the Director of Human Resources is responsible for providing comprehensive personnel, employee, labor relations, and administrative services to staff and for responding to the emerging need for human resources development.
- Administers employee health benefits company-wide. Benefit programs include: medical/dental, vision, leave of absence, etc.
- Acts as liaison between employees, insurance providers and to resolve benefit related problems and ensure effective utilization of plans and positive employee relations.
- Provides administrative support to the human resources function as needed (e.g. correspondence generation, record keeping, and file maintenance).
- Ensures plans are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations and plan provisions are followed.
- Performs other HR generalist duties as assigned.
- Administers health and welfare plans including enrollments and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions. Serves as the Cobra Administrator for company.
- Conducts new employee orientations to ensure employees gain an understanding of benefit plans and enrollment provisions. Counsels employees (and potential employees/applicants) on plan provisions so that individuals can make informed benefit decisions. This includes all levels of employees including executives.
- Manages annual open enrollment period during the month of May. Arranges for distribution of materials from carriers, assists with, communicating changes to employees and arranges for on-site representation by providers. Conducts employee presentations. Processes changes within deadlines.
- Processes monthly billings from insurance providers. Reviews billings for accuracy, codes and advances for payment. Resolves discrepancies with carriers, payroll and the company. Completes reports for management as requested.
- Strives to ensure employee understanding of benefit programs by, regularly generating communication and counseling employees/dependents as situations arise. Resolves employee complaints related to health and welfare plans, refers difficult or very complex complaints to manager as needed.
- Acts as liaison with various insurance carriers and fosters effective relationships with client representatives.
- Acts as a resource for Payroll/HR contacts to ensure their understanding and compliance with benefit and HR policies and regulations. Keeps management advised of potential problem areas and recommends/implements solutions as appropriate.
- Performs recruitment activities, pre screenings, and evaluates candidates for select positions at headquarters. Maintains records related to same.
- Assists with preparation of annual affirmative action plan.
- Employee resource page maintenance
- Monitors unemployment claims by reviewing claims; substantiating documentation; requesting legal counsel review.
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (staffing, recruitment training, grievances, performance evaluations, staff development etc.)
- Process employee enrollment of staff development opportunities
- Prepares government reports related to EEO compliance and other HR functions.
- Writes, revises, edits and proofreads company policies & procedures and related documents as needed. Uses electronic benefits bulletin board and other vehicles to communicate information. Produces the Company telephone directory.
- Conducts exit interviews in absence of supervisor.
- Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious, about assignments.
- Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Relationships with Others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others Including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works, to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Compile payroll data such as garnishments, vacation time and insurance deductions.
- Review electronic time clocks and review information for completeness and accuracy.
- Contact various department supervisors for any missing times.
- Process monthly payroll data to Payroll Company.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience administering employee benefit plans in the health and welfare areas.
- Must have computer skills and knowledge of HR and payroll software. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Superior verbal/written skills and presentation skills.
- Good punctuation, spelling, grammar and attention to detail a must.
- Strong interpersonal skills essential.
- Course work/seminar attendance in the benefits areas helpful (e.g. CEBS, ACA or related course work).
- Strong knowledge and understanding of insurance regulations, plan designs and third party record keeping/administration required.
- Familiarity with COBRA, ERISA, FMLA and related state and federal regulations required.
- This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Administrative (Full Time)
Name: Julie El-Heet
Title: HR AdministratorEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brighter Horizons Academy - College Preparatory
3145 Medical Plaza Dr, Garland, TX 75044, USA