Principal for Full-Time Islamic School
Description and Requirements
Ihsan School of Excellence is a P-10th grade school in the heart of Syracuse, NY with twenty –four years of servitude to the Islamic community. The school aims to provide a safe, nurturing, and stimulating Islamic learning environment that enables students to achieve their maximum educational potential, while preparing them for their future roles as exemplary citizens contributing positively to society.
Ihsan is the epitome of a melting pot with its diverse community. Currently, it is home to approximately 75 students, and 14 teachers. We pride ourselves on our small teacher to student ratios and the quality education we provide our students.
The new Principal position will require the building leader to carry the role of an instructional leader. This entails and is not limited to the following tasks:
- Facilitating, developing, articulating, and implementing of a vision of learning that is shared and supported by the Islamic faith and by all stakeholders.
- Supporting teachers in improving their instructional practice through regular formal and informal observations and feedback.
- Collaborating with the School Board and other administrative team members in determining and implementing strategic institutional initiatives.
- Leading professional development for all faculty and staff.
- Advocating, nurturing, and sustaining a school culture and instructional program conducive to student learning and staff professional growth.
- Facilitating the curriculum development and mapping processes.
- Facilitating the creation of Professional Learning Communities that extend beyond Ihsan School faculty.
- Facilitating student and faculty led events.
- Ensuring management of the organization, operation, and resources for a safe, efficient, and effective learning environment.
- Collaborating with faculty and community members, responding to diverse community interests and needs, and mobilizing community resources.
*The following duties are not intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by the principal.
- Islamic commitment in appearance and behavior.
- Supporter of Islamic education, dedicated to serving the school.
- Demonstrates the leadership qualities and personal characteristics necessary for working effectively with students, teachers, and parents.
- The principal must emulate the following professional and Islamic qualities: respect, patience, flexibility, consistency, compassion, build esteem in staff and students, cultural awareness and sensitivity, and preparedness.
- Degree in educational field
- Certification as a School Principal (preferred- if not certified must be willing to obtain certification within an agreed time period)
- Minimum of two years of experience as an instructional leader
- Minimum of five years as a teacher
- Proficient in purposeful integration of technology
- Fluent in Arabic and English (preferred)
- Familiar with NY state education mandates and laws
This position is a twelve-month salaried position that begins in the Summer of 2018. Salary is commensurate with experience.
We encourage all interested applicants to apply for an opportunity to join this Ihsan family. All applicants should send a letter of interest, a resume, and a copy of certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position will be open until filled.
Administrative (Full Time)
2017-2018 School Year
Open Until Position Filled
Pay and Benefits
To be determined upon interview and assessment of qualifications
Name: Dr. Ashraf Attia
Title: Chairman of Ihsan School BoardEmail: email@example.com
Ihsan School of Excellence
1406 Park St, Syracuse, NY 13208, USA