Quran Hifz Teacher
Description and Requirements
Salah Tawfik Elementary and Middle School (STEMS) offers a Qur’an memorization program for grades 3–8. There are currently 10 students enrolled in the program. Three students have completed the memorization since the program was established since 2014.
STEMS & IFSF Quran Programs:
• STEMS/IFSF plans to offer an After-School & Weekend Program for alumni Huffaz for Hifz review and strengthening.
• STEMS/IFSF offers Qur’an learning programs to the entire community.
STEMS Hifz Program Mission: To establish a Hifz program along with academics that will nurture a strong connection with the Book of Allah, the Glorious Quran, through its memorization, understanding, and implementation, and develop well-rounded citizens who are guided by the Qur’an and Sunnah.
This is a full time, year-round job for 12 months. Hours may change during summer.
Quran Hifz Teacher will be responsible for teaching the Quran to Hifz students along with teaching the Quran (Nazirah and Hifz) to elementary grades.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Directly supervise a group of Hifz students and carry out the daily teaching tasks from 7:30 am to 11:30 am. Timings are subject to change based on STEMS scheduling needs
• Assign daily homework and check it
• Listen to old, nearest and new assignments
• Recite the new assignment daily with each student to ensure they memorize with proper Tajweed
• Report student progress and punctuality issues to Principal
• Regular communication with parents to update regarding Hifz progress and any concerns
• Assist in teaching Quran/Islamic studies (Tajweed, Fiqh, Aqeedah, etc) following the School’s curriculum
• Train the students in leading Salah and other religious duties
• Lead Salah during work hours
• Perform administrative duties such as student evaluation and routine updates of student progress.
• Assign and grade class work, homework, tests, and assignments
• Provide appropriate feedback on work
• Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students
• Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress and development
• Maintain a good relationship with parents, students, and co-workers consistent with Islamic and US practices
• Behavior and conduct should be exemplary for students to emulate
• Cooperate with Islamic Studies Head of the Department in carrying out daily teaching tasks in a timely manner
• Seek to improve and strengthen the Hifz/Islamic Studies program in collaboration with the Islamic Studies Department
• Comply with the student disciplinary guidelines specified in the teacher’s handbook
• Maintain punctuality and conduct all tasks in a professional manner
• Following the set-out syllabus and delivering lessons accordingly
• Any other duties assigned by management
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Experience as a Quran Hifz teacher in the U.S.
• Experience working with children ages 6 and older
• Fluency in English
• Strong memorization of the Holy Qur’an
• Strong Islamic character with good communication, organizational and leadership abilities
• Ijaaza in Qu’ran reading and/or memorization
• Associate degree or equivalent from an accredited school
• A strong understanding and application of Islamic etiquettes, manners, and appropriate behavior
• A thorough understanding of the challenges Muslim children face in today’s environment
• Proficiency in computer skills
• Ability to relate well to the youth of all ages and adults
• Provide well-supervised, high-quality Quran/ Hifz programs for the youth
Personnel policy governs work conditions and benefits. All staff members are on temporary employment for the first 90 days and employment is reviewed annually. STEMS offers competitive salary and benefits program. Further information is available upon request.
1. Option to teach in the after-school and weekend program for additional compensation will be subject to availability, qualification, and teacher interest
2. This job description may be amended at any time following discussion between the Principal and the teacher and will be reviewed annually.
Early Education teacher (Pre-K-KG), Elementary teacher (1-5), Middle school teacher (6-8) (Full Time)
Name: Rabia Khan
Title: PrincipalEmail: email@example.com
Salah Tawfik Elementary and Middle School
5455 NW 108th Ave, Sunrise, FL 33351, USA