Marketing and Public Relations Manager
Description and Requirements
Summary of Job: Proactively, strategically, and creatively advance ILM Academy’s visibility, reputation, and relevance in northern Georgia. Broaden the school’s reach, deepen engagement, and inspire the public and community to give, advocate, and volunteer. Develop, integrate, and implement a broad range portfolio of communications, public relations, media, and community engagement tools to achieve measurable success for the school.
Reporting Relationships: Employee reports to the school’s Board.
Other Key Relationships:
External: Potential parents, donors, volunteers, media, partner entities’ representatives, outside vendors (graphic designer, printers, web designers/hosts, etc.) and more.
Internal: School’s administration as headed by the principal, other business office member(s) and all ILM Academy staff.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead and oversee the development and execution of overall external communication messaging and strategy as well as all marketing materials to raise ILM Academy’s profile in the Atlanta Muslim community
- Serve as direct marketing lead for all school events, including production of materials, strategy, and tracking.
- Manage ILM Academy’s Website, including creating and managing all content and analyzing site data to track and improve content reach.
- Manage organizational social media presence including creating and managing content across multiple social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and blog…etc.) to engage with customers, potential clients, and donors.
- Identify customers & donors with passions, and ultimately connect them to the school to give back.
- Analyze social media platform data to track and improve content reach.
- Develop and execute regular & successful electronic communications for the school.
- Develop annual PR and advertising plan. Analyze and report out on communication, advertising, and PR effectiveness. Duties include but are not limited to: writing press releases related to events and assigned projects, writing opinion-editorial pieces where appropriate, event scripts, talking points, etc.
Marketing and Events:
- Build alliances and relationships with other Islamic institutions in northern Georgia and the Atlanta area.
- Create and manage all ILM Academy’s marketing & PR initiatives, including print and digital content.
- Formalize, develop, and execute ILM’s sponsorship program and strategy. Sustain successful relationships with sponsors.
- Take the lead in developing stories about ILM for effective use in marketing materials.
- Direct and collaborate (with ILM staff & Board) to create and execute major ILM events, especially fundraising events. This includes developing and executing plans and strategies for continual improvement of ILM events, developing event programming, overseeing production of visuals (including video), communicating with media, coordinating invitation and thank you process, and proactively managing volunteers and staff before, during, and after events.
- Perform fiscal responsibilities to ensure smooth fiscal operation and create and manage assigned budgets in a timely and effective manner.
Additional Job Functions:
- Work closely with the Business office in reaching out to parents, community members and potential donors for Tax Credit and other initiatives.
- Fully participate as an integral part of the larger ILM Academy team by promoting a positive work environment, creating a positive organizational image, being a helpful teammate, and articulating our work in a clear and focused manner.
- . Perform other duties as assigned.
Relationship Building – Understand that people come before process and are astute in cultivation and managing relationship toward a common goal. Effectively communicates, treats others with respect and dignity, actively listens and facilitates diverse input and contributions, embraces conflict and can successfully navigate the conversation to describe the organization’s interests and find appropriate solutions.
Results-Oriented Thinking and Behavior – Sets and maintains high performance standards for self and others that support ILM’s strategic plans and annual goals. Demonstrates a searing focus on results and can effectively communicate goals and impact of actions, promotes innovation and is willing to take risks, develops relationships to drive resources and results and has the necessary organizational skills to deliver on the business model, holds self and team members accountability of achieving results, motivates others to translate ideas into actions.
Mission-focused – Top priority is to work with Board and Staff to continuously improve the reputation of the school across Metro-Atlanta and northern Georgia communities. Demonstrates the ability to link donor, volunteer, and advocates’ aspirations to the school’s needs; strives to achieve shared goals, separates one’s own interest from organizational interest to make the best possible judgements for the organization.
Brand Steward – Understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation of ILM Academy. Acts with integrity and strong ethics to foster trust at all levels (person, community), internalizes the meaning of the school’s vision and consistently acts according to its mission and values. Is accountable and transparent with all stakeholders, identifies underlying issues that impact negatively on people and takes appropriate action to rectify the issues.
Required Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Mass Communication or equivalent
- Five years of relevant work experience in the marketing field with demonstrated supervisory skills.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) essential.
- Demonstrated track record of positioning an organization to achieve measurable outcomes in a competitive communications environment.
- Excellent promotional skills, excellent communications skills, and extensive writing and editing experience and skills with a variety of print and online communications media.
- Ability to produce high quality, persuasive written materials suitable for public understanding, requiring minimal revision.
- Proven ability to effectively manage projects including meeting tight deadlines.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Ability to identify opportunities to partner with businesses for mutual benefit through sponsorships, marketing, and employee engagement.
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated use of social media to engage and deepen relationships with Muslim communities, public and media.
- Creative and thoughtful on how new media technologies can be used.
- Excellent judgement and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- A strong foundation in desktop publishing skills and design basics very desirable.
- Interested in joining our team, send resume to: email@example.com
Other (Full Time)
Name: ILM Board
Title: BoardEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
1200 Grimes Bridge Rd, Roswell, GA 30075, USA