Middle and High School English Teacher
Description and Requirements
Job Title: English Teacher (MS /HS)
Reports to: Principal
Position Type: Full-Time
Work Hours: 7:45 – 4:00 (M, T, Th)
7:45 – 4:30 (W), 7:45 – 3:30 (F)
Responsible creating well-rounded, comprehensive lesson plans, administering praise and constructive criticism, and instructing middle and high school students in English.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Create instructional resources for use in the classroom
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities
- Teach AP section to prepare students to reach higher success for the Advanced Placement Test
- Create positive educational climate for students to learn in
- Meet course and school-wide student performance goals
- Participate in ongoing training sessions
- Create lesson plans and modify accordingly throughout the year
- Maintain grade books
- Grade papers and perform other administrative duties as needed
- Create projects designed to enhance lectures
- Read and stay abreast of current topics in education
- Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans
- Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served
- Tutor students on an individual basis
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities
- Prepare and distribute required reports
- Observe and evaluate student’s performance
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by invoking approved disciplinary procedures
- Bachelor’s degree of related subject from accredited university
- Texas teaching certificate
- Experience is preferred
Pay and Benefits
10 Reasons to Work at BHA
- A work environment that is never dull.
- An outlet for your creativity.
- The opportunity to profoundly impact the lives of children.
- The satisfaction of contributing to your community.
- The chance to change the future.
- An Islamic environment and family-friendly work schedule.
- The incentives for continued education.
- A job that keeps you young.
- Excellent Benefits- medical, dental, vision and tuition discount for staff children enrolled at BHA.
- The opportunities to receive mentoring from seasoned teachers.
Name: Samira Siddiqui
Title: HR AdministratorEmail: email@example.com
Brighter Horizons Academy - College Preparatory
3145 Medical Plaza Dr, Garland, TX 75044, USA