Office and Admissions Coordinator
Description and Requirements
The office of Quba Islamic school is seeking an office and database coordinator. The ideal candidate,
who is the “first face” of the office, serves as the first point of contact for staff, existing and
prospective families. The position is a mix of administrative and office support and requires
collaboration with staff and other community members.
The ideal candidate will:
- demonstrate strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- demonstrate a can-do attitude with owner’s mentality
- execute and improve current processes
- be self-directed, analytical and process oriented
- be able to prioritize tasks and project to meet the organizational goals
Reporting relationship: the Office and Admissions Coordinator reports directly to the school principal.
Responsibilities include the following:
- To internalize the vision of the school
- To understand the mission of the school
- To align all activities to support the vision of the school
- to perform the day to day school office activities
- To be responsible for the admissions process from initiation to close
- to process donations and payments
- to compile data from a variety of sources (e.g., time sheets, budget reports, specialized reports, personnel records) for the purpose of processing data in compliance with financial, legal and/or administrative requirements.
- to report biweekly time-sheets and attendance to payroll on an ongoing basis.
- to compose a variety of documents (e.g., correspondence, agendas, minutes, newsletters, bulletins, reports) for the purpose of communicating information and/or creating documentation in conformance with established guidelines.
- to coordinate events, functions, and projects such as meetings, training events, fundraisers, guest events, etc. for the purpose of completing activities and/or delivering services in a timely manner.
- to coordinate daily substitute activities for the purpose of ensuring that staff absences are covered in a timely manner and that student safety and educational process needs are met.
- to maintain and update all student, employee, and school related data
- to maintain the school’s master and operational Calendar
- to monitor a variety of logistical and operational activities (e.g., account balances, work order status, special projects, new teacher staffing, room assignments, maintenance work)
- to administer first aid to students for the purpose of providing emergency and necessary care in compliance with established guidelines.
- to monitor students referred for illness or those referred for disciplinary action
- to procure supplies and materials as needed.
- To provide researched input in support of administrative requirements.
- to respond to inquiries from a variety of internal and external parties (e.g., staff, parents, students, public agencies) for the purpose of providing information or direction and/or facilitating communication among parties.
- to participate in a variety of meetings, workshops, and/or training for the purpose of providing or receiving information, recording minutes, and supporting the needs of the attendees.
- to perform other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- to have the ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with previous admission or teaching experience preferred but not required.
- Proficiency in common technology such as email, Microsoft Office suite or Google Suite, internet, facebook, twitter, instagram, etc.
- Familiarity with educational technologies such as Jupiter Ed, NearPod, Google classroom, LMS etc.
- Proficient with modern tools of communication such as email, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, HTML newsletters, …etc.
How to apply: Please submit your resume, cover letter, and any references to email@example.com
Office staff (Full Time)
Name: Nadia Kashuka
Title: School PrincipalEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Quba Islamic School
19164 E Walnut Dr N, Rowland Heights, CA 91748, USA