Description and Requirements
Job Description for Principal Role at Muslim Center JHS:
- Previous experience as a principal, vice-principal, or in a similar role
- Knowledge of school administrative processes and national educational regulations
- Hands-on experience with Google for Education, Supplemental Online Classes, G-Suite, MS Office, and Education Management Systems
- Computer and social media literacy
- A teaching license is required; and a minimum of 5 years of teaching experience
- Degree in Education; Master’s degree and NYS School Building Leader Certificate is a plus
- Good knowledge of Islam and Arabic is a must
This is a twelve-month position with two weeks of vacation when the circumstances allow. Duties are performed in office, school, and the community. This position might require work beyond the standard workday and workweek. There may be additional/different elements of the job which are not included in this checklist.
The purpose of this position is to ensure Islamic leadership according to Islam and local school policies, rules, and regulations.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
1. Ensures the development and implementation of an overall learning environment which promotes Islamic faith formation/education, ethical decision-making, social justice, and Muslim leadership.
2. Ensures the development, implementation, and evaluation of a comprehensive curriculum program that complies with Islamic and state standards of curriculum requirements.
3. Ensures the supervision of certified and support staff. This is accomplished by overseeing the recruitment, hiring, training, motivation, and evaluation processes.
4. Ensures that learning standards are developed and maintained for students.
5. Ensures the development and maintenance of effective communication systems between parents, teachers, and school administrators.
6. Work with the School Board on an overall financial plan for the school.
7. Collaborates with the School Board in administering the school.
8. Ensures the development of policy and process for disciplining students.
9. Participates with other secular and private schools in the community in facilitating joint programs and/or the acquisition of joint supplies with the local school district.
10. Ensures the preparation and submission of all necessary reports to the state as well as the school board.
The performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions as set forth in the negotiated contract between the School Board and the Principal of Muslim Center JHS.
*Candidate shall wear Islamic dress code and respect the Islamic faith values and culture.
Salary & Benefits are negotiable
Professional Development Opportunities
Opportunity to develop students to become leaders of the Ummah
Administrative (Full Time)
June 15, 2021
Name: Subhan Tariq
Title: Vice Chair - School BoardEmail: email@example.com
Muslim Center Junior High School
137-58 Geranium Ave, Flushing, NY 11355, USA