Description and Requirements
The school Principal serves as the educational leader responsible for the day-to-day operations of the school. This includes managing the policies, regulations, and procedures to ensure that all students are supervised in a safe Islamic learning environment that meets the approved curricula and mission of the school.
Achieving academic excellence requires that the school Principal work collaboratively to direct and nurture all members of the school staff and to communicate effectively with parents. Inherent in the position are the responsibilities for scheduling, curriculum development, extracurricular activities, personnel management, emergency procedures, and facility operations.
In performance of his/her duties, the Principal will follow and adhere to educational policies set forth in the UMA staff Handbook. The Principal should be familiar with Montessori philosophy and methods. The Principal is responsible for religious, academic, student, personnel, and admission affairs. The Principal will pursue continuing education and professional development.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee all academic policy formation in collaboration with the Board and report to the President regarding all academic issues.
- Oversee the scheduling of programs and student activities to ensure that they fulfill the mission of the school.
- Develop and evaluate all phases of the curriculum to ensure appropriateness of the academic courses offered.
- Ensure implementation of a comprehensive spiritual life program for students
- Implement personnel policy, procedures, employee performance standards, and rules of conduct for instructional staff.
- Supervise, and evaluate teachers and staff.
- With the assistance of the Office Administrator, complete an Annual Report, and oversee the preparation of other academic reports, profiles, and forms.
- Update, and distribute annually the Parent and Teacher Handbooks.
- Ensure implementation of policies concerning student discipline, welfare, and safety.
- Promote and ensure faculty and staff professionalism in all day-to-day peer, student, staff, parent, and community interactions.
- Determine and implement faculty in-service programs.
- Oversee the recruitment, admission, and retention of qualified students.
- In collaboration with the President and Treasurer, prepare and implement academic budgets.
- Other duties as assigned.
Master’s degree in School Leadership (or Principal Certification) required.
Experience working in administration, leadership or management required.
Experience in(or understanding of) Montessori education preferred.
Excellent communication skills, strong organizational skill. Ability to establish and maintain good interpersonal relationships with Board, parents, children, and staff.
Pay and Benefits
SALARY RANGE Salary commensurate with experience. Rental Discounts and Child Tuition discounts available. Relocation funds available. Health care premium reimbursements available.
Name: Rasheed Shamma
Title: PresidentEmail: email@example.com
Universal Muslim Academy
2201 Chickasaw St, Cincinnati, OH 45219, United States