Elementary Science and Biology Teacher
Description and Requirements
Position: Elementary Science & BIO Teacher
Reports to: Principal
Position Type: Full-Time
Mon – Thu: 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM
Fri: 7:30 AM – 1:00 PM
Izzadeen Academy, the first Islamic School in Osceola County, is hiring a Science Teacher immediately. Our school is an innovative, unique educational and social institution committed to building well-rounded Muslims. We are seeking a science specialist to complete our faculty.
The ideal candidate is expected to create an appropriate educational atmosphere that encourages positive student learning and to take part in a dynamic setting with other classroom teachers, administrators, curriculum specialists, and other staff members in the development and implementation of the school’s programs and goals. Our students are learning within a classroom setting, equipped with the latest technology tools, including Smart Boards, and Chromebooks for each student.
***The ideal candidate will have the ability/experience to teach Science for 2nd-5th Grade levels and Biology for 9th Grade.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Engage students by using a variety of teaching strategies and methods
- Teach subject material using approved curriculum and lesson plans
- Prepare lesson plans in a thorough manner before class
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the age level you teach
- Maintain consistent communication with students, parents, and staff
- Maintain professionalism in all interactions with students, parents, and staff
- Works with administrators and instructional teams to plan and implement hands-on programs and activities for students and the school.
- Participates in a cooperative effort with faculty and staff to plan, implement, and evaluate programs of continuing school improvement.
- Manages the classroom, supervises students, and grant proper care of equipment used.
- Participates in personal professional growth activities focused on the acquisition of new and improved skills and knowledge.
- Diagnoses and analyzes student progress and programs for the purpose of providing appropriate instruction based on students’ developmental stages.
- Tailor’s instructional techniques to meet various students’ needs/abilities.
- Utilizes various technology and current research in instruction.
- Evaluates and records students’ progress on a regular basis.
- Conduct effective classroom management techniques.
- Shows sensitivity to students, parents, and the community and promotes student self-esteem.
- Maintains professional relationships between school and parents.
- Keeps ongoing parental contact and involvement through parent-teacher conferences, phone, written communications, school activities, and software.
- Maintains all records as required, including but not limited to grade books, attendance records, report cards, and student progress reports.
- Assists in the protection of student and school property and confidentiality.
- Responsible for keeping up to date on current technology, as job appropriate, being used by Izzadeen Academy with the support of the school, and attends training to ensure skill level in various technologies is at the level required to perform in the current position.
- Responsible for timely and accurate information they maintain as part of their job responsibilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Principal.
- Strong knowledge regarding Islam
- Teaching experience
- Exemplify strong Islamic character and possess sound knowledge of Islam
- Fluency in verbal and written communication in English
- Excel under expectations of high performance and continual improvement
- Possess exceptional critical and creative thinking skills
- Ability to motivate and inspire students
- Willingness to try new instructional approaches
- Appreciate constructive criticism and opportunities to improve
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of prescribed curriculum and child development
- Ability to communicate effectively using written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of current research; basic knowledge of technology
- Planning and organizational skills
- Ability to manage the classroom and supervise students
- Skill in analyzing, diagnosing and evaluating student progress and programs
- Knowledge of varied learning styles; ability to use effective
- Positive interpersonal skills
- Commitment to a core set of beliefs about teaching, learning, and ongoing professional development in an Islamic faith-based learning environment.
- The performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions as set forth in the negotiated contract between the School Board/Principal of Izzadeen Academy and the Classroom Teacher
- Candidate should be able to wear Islamic dress code and respect the Islamic faith values and culture.
- Salary commensurate with experience education level
- Tuition discount for dependents
- Professional Development Program
- Tuition Assistance for the Academy’s related programs
- Bachelor’s degree of related subject from an accredited university
- Florida teaching certificate preferred
- Minimum of 1-year experience
Till Postion is filled
Till position is filled
Pay and Benefits
1. Annual salary based on experience and education 2. 10 paid sick/personal days 3. Paid Winter and Spring Break and other National Holidays 4. Summer Vacation 5. Teladoc Access Free 6. Optional Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance benefits (60 day waiting period) 7. Professional Development Opportunities 8. 50% Employee Discount
Name: Imam Helmi Abu Farah El Agha
Title: Executive DirectorEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org