Super Substitute for ECE and MS/HS
Description and Requirements
Job Title: Super Substitute
Reports to: Principal
Position Type: Full-Time
Work Hours: 7:45 – 4:00 (M, T, Th)
7:45 – 4:30 (W), 7:45 – 3:30 (F)
A super sub is responsible for providing classroom coverage for a teacher who is absent. Also assigned tasks as needed by principal. This is a full time position.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensuring student safety.
- Teaching when a teacher is absent.
- Following lesson plans left by the teacher. This will assure continuity of instruction for the students.
- Attending teachers’ meetings.
- Helping homeroom teachers with lesson planning.
- Helping homeroom teachers with grading and updating Sycamore.
- Tutoring students in need of academic help.
- Assisting homeroom teacher with small group instruction.
- Maintaining accurate student attendance records.
- Following school rules and regulations.
- Leaving the classroom orderly and clean.
- Enforcing student conduct and discipline codes.
- Handling routine disciplinary problems, and contacting school administration if problem escalates.
- Alerting appropriate personnel of any problems encountered.
- Seeking relevant resources for teachers.
- Maintaining professional attitude and loyalty towards the Academy.
- Maintaining confidentiality about BHA students, their families, and employees.
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the school’s principal (i.e. clerical work, lunch, recess, dismissal, monitoring, etc.)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree of related subject from accredited university highly preferred
- Experience is preferred but not necessary for hiring
Pay and Benefits
- An annual salary paid monthly
- 6 paid sick/personal days
- Paid Winter and Spring Break
- Summer Vacation
- Teladoc Access Free
- Optional Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance benefits (60 day waiting period)
- Professional Development Opportunities
- 30% Employee Discount
Name: Samira Siddiqui
Title: HR CoordinatorEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brighter Horizons Academy - College Preparatory
3145 Medical Plaza Dr, Garland, TX 75044, USA