Islamic Foundation School
School Teacher (All Grade Level Opportunities)
Position Title: School Teacher (Elementary, Middle School, High School)
Position Type: Full Time
Number of Positions: 10
Start Date: 8/1/2023
Location: Villa Park, IL
The teacher serves the specific responsibility for supervising students within the classroom and other assigned areas. They must develop Understanding By Design (UbD) Unit Plans and deliver group and individual student instruction within established curriculum guidelines. They will collaborate with other teachers, other professional staff, and administrators in addressing instructional and/or classroom issues. Moreover, they will respond to a wide range of inquiries from students, parents or guardians regarding the instructional program and student progress.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administers and develops subject specific assessments for the purpose of assessing student competency levels and/or developing individual learning plans.
- Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student progress for the purpose of communicating expectations, student’s achievements, developing methods for improvement and reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment.
- Assesses, differentiate, and tracks student progress towards objectives, expectations, and goals for purpose of providing feedback to students, parents and administration.
- Collaborates with instructional staff, other school personnel, parents and a variety of community resources for purpose of improving the overall quality of student outcomes,
achieving established classroom objectives in support of the school improvement plan.
- Counsels students for purpose of improving performance, health status, problem solving techniques and a variety of personal issues.
- Instruct students for purpose of improving their success in academics through a defined course of study.
Manages student behavior for purpose of providing a safe and optimal learning environment
- Enforces uniform policy and appearance policy in order to ensure a school environment that is focused on group spiritual and academic achievement rather than on individuals.
- Monitors students in a variety of educational environments (e.g. classroom, school grounds, hallways, restrooms, field trips, etc.) for purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
- Prepares a variety of reports (e.g. grades, lesson plans following scope and sequence, correspondence with parents and students, examinations and quizzes, attendance, anecdotal records, etc.) for the purpose of documenting student progress and meeting mandated requirements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel. The school website provides a comprehensive job description.
- A bachelor’s degree requirement as a minimum in education preferred.
- Teaching license required for elementary teachers and preferred for middle school and high school teachers
- If teaching Middle School or High school, specialized certification in subject matter.
- Prior experience managing a classroom required, unless a recent graduate.
- Ability to constantly monitor the safety and well-being of students, particularly when student is participating in an inclusive activity.
- Ability to motivate students.
- Ability to maintain a clean and orderly environment.
- Ability to maintain order and discipline in a classroom.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as necessitates by work.
Submit your resume with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position TypeElementary teacher (1-5), High school teacher (9-12), Middle school teacher (6-8) (Full Time)
Name: Feras Abdelrahman
Title: HR ManagerEmail: email@example.com
Islamic Foundation School
300 W Highridge Rd, Villa Park, IL 60181, USA