Description and Requirements
Youth Director Job Description
Al-Hidaya Center in Latham (AHCL) is facing challenges with its youth population rapidly
growing in the middle and high school. Our current youth programs are managed on a
volunteer basis. This position can help our community flourish by maximizing the performance
and efficiency of the youth programs. This is a paid full-time position responsible for the
oversight, management, and improvement of existing programs, in addition to the
development of new programs.
Time Commitment: Full-Time Position
Compensation: Commensurate With Experience
● Oversee AHCL Youth Programs.
● Develop and oversee leadership programs for qualified youth.
● Develop and oversee confidential counseling services for troubled youth.
● Develop and oversee educational/recreational programs for college-aged youth with the local
● Develop and oversee new learning & development programs for youth.
● Develop and oversee a big brother/sister program.
● Oversee the youth seminary programs.
● Create performance and progress reports for AHCL Youth Programs for management.
● Participate in meetings with other chairpersons, directors, and staff as needed.
● Assist with and/or create special events supporting youth programs.
● Support other AHC campaigns, initiatives and events.
● Communicate and coordinate with the religious authorities of AHCL.
● Keep records of events and/or programs
● Create budget for events and/or programs
● Pray regularly in the Masjid (lead by example)
● Dress according to Islamic principles
● Needs to be punctual.
● Needs to report directly to the AHCL president.
● Needs to be self-reliant, able to carry out tasks and create projects independently
● Needs to be able to research, plan, build, and initiate programs for the youth
● Needs to have adequate skills in record keeping
● Needs to be able to manage and oversee budget
● Needs to be able to supervise and manage others
● Needs to prioritize and manage workload during high stress situations
● Needs to complete administrative responsibilities and properly document progress through
● Must possess a Bachelor’s degree or have 5 years equivalent experience in youth
development, psychology or a related field.
● Must have strong communication, organizational and leadership skills.
● Must be a highly motivated individual who is passionate about Islam as a way of life and
guiding young Muslims as a career.
● Must have a strong understanding of Islamic etiquettes, manners, and appropriate behavior.
● Must have an adequate understanding of the fundamentals of Islamic teachings.
● Must have a thorough understanding of challenges and hardships Muslim youth face in New
● Must have the ability to relate well to elementary age youth, teenagers and adults from
● Must speak fluent English.
● Must be proficient in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and google drive.
● Must have a valid driver’s license.
● Must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
Are you interested in this position? Go to the link below to apply.
Scan me or go to: http://tiny.cc/fx67tz
Administrative (Full Time)
Pay and Benefits
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Name: Uzma Popal
Title: HR ManagerEmail: email@example.com
Al Hidaya Learning
322 Troy Schenectady Rd, Latham, NY 12110, USA