ISLA LEADERSHIP ACADEMY
Taking Your Leadership to the Next Level
Leadership Academy Information
One of the biggest problems facing Islamic schools in the US is high turnover rate amongst administrators. While many Islamic school admin have credentials in educational leadership or a higher degree in related fields, specific challenges relating to Islamic schools are not covered in their coursework. The on-the-job demands of their work are met with little resources for support.
The ISLA Leadership Academy was developed to respond to this problem. The two-year mentorship program for administrators is designed to provide support, resources, and guidance for currently-employed administrators of full-time Islamic schools.
Educational leaders who join this program are paired with a qualified mentor. They partake in mentorship for two years while they maintain their roles within their respective Islamic Schools. A needs-assessment, relevant readings, monthly meetings with the mentor, bi-annual site visits, and regular reflective journals are all aspects of the ISLA Leadership Academy.
By the end of the Leadership Academy, mentees should have increased their understanding of key elements of educational leadership particular to Islamic schools, will have had opportunities to network with other Islamic school leaders, and will have developed strategies to address the specific challenges they face in their schools.
• A principal or administrator with 3-5 years of teaching experience and a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in education.
• A principal or administrator whose school board is supportive of the principal being admitted to the Leadership Academy.
• An Islamic School principal or administrator who may or may not have completed a principal or administrative leadership certificate degree or certificate program through a university.
• A principal or administrator who will have the time to devote to the readings, videos, journaling and conferencing during school hours or outside of the school day, on average 12 hours a month.
- Experienced, Qualified Mentor Paired with Principal
- Individualized Mentorship Based on Your Challenges, Goals
- Formal Needs-Assessment Conducted
- On-Site Visits and Scheduled Phone Calls with Mentor
- Curriculum-Based Readings
Find out more about costs, how to apply, and answers to any other questions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.