Cultivating Social-Emotional Learning Schoolwide
While Social-Emotional Learning has become quite the buzz word in education circles, Islamic educators, from the Prophet Muhammad til now, have always focused on cultivating not just the mind, but also the entirety of the student, including his or her social and emotional needs.
At this retreat, we will look at how current research can inform your ability to become a more mindful, focused, and present leader or classroom teacher. We will practice actual mindfulness techniques with world-renowned Mindfulness Instructor, Wadud Hassan. Throughout the retreat, we will engage in activities that help you develop your own social emotional learning to help you truly experience why social emotional learning is so critical for both you as an educator and for the students in your school.
- Practice mindfulness techniques to enhance your leadership
- Learn specific strategies to promote social emotional learning in the classroom
- Explore components of school climate and culture that cultivate SEL
- Understand how social media consumption impacts SEL
- Create SMART goals to integrate SEL in your leadership, classroom and school-wide
Scholar-in-Residence: Wadud Hassan
- Wadud is passionate about emotional intelligence research, mentoring youth, and the importance of faith-based mental health and life-skills coaching.
- He is a world-renowned mindfulness instructor and founder of Define 360
- As a past principal and administrator of full-time Islamic schools, Wadud understands the landscape that today’s Islamic school professionals are working in
- Interactive and practical, Wadud combines research and practice into his workshops, with concrete take-aways for participants
Stay tuned for more information, including:
- Program Highlights
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Tips on obtaining Title funding
- And more!