Description and Requirements
Effective Date: August 25, 2018
JOB TITLE: Principal
REPORTS TO: Washington International Academy (WIA) Board
SUPERVISES: Students, teachers, and all staff of the school
NATURE AND SCOPE OF JOB:
The school Principal serves as the educational leader, responsible for managing the policies, regulations, and procedures to ensure that all students are supervised in a safe traditional Islamic learning environment that meets the approved curricula and mission of the school.
Achieving academic excellence requires that the school Principal work collaboratively to direct and nurture all members of the school staff hired by the WIA Board and to communicate effectively with parents. Inherent in the position are the responsibilities for scheduling, curriculum development, extracurricular activities, personnel management, emergency procedures, and facility operations.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The school Principal shall:
- Establish and promote high standards and expectations for all students and staff for academic performance and responsibility for behavior.
- Manage, evaluate and supervise effective and clear procedures for the operation and functioning of the school consistent with the philosophy, mission, values and goals of the school including instructional programs, extracurricular activities, discipline systems to ensure a safe and orderly climate, building maintenance, program evaluation, personnel management, office operations, and emergency procedure
- Ensure compliance with all laws, board policies and civil regulations.
- Establish the annual master schedule for instructional programs, ensuring sequential learning experiences for students consistent with the school’s philosophy, mission statement and instructional goals.
- Supervise the instructional programs of the school, evaluating lesson plans and observing classes on a regular basis to encourage the use of a variety of instructional strategies and materials consistent with research on learning and child growth and development.
- Establish procedures for evaluating, updating and selecting curriculum, instructional materials and equipment, approving all recommendations annually.
Supervise in a fair and consistent manner effective discipline and attendance systems with high
Administrative (Full Time)
Name: Halima Abdi
Title: AdministrationEmail: Hr@wiaschool.org
Washington International Academy
6408 Edsall Rd, Alexandria, VA 22312, USA