Description and Requirements
The employee identifies and treats health disorders among students and provides instruction in the maintenance of good health and disease prevention. The employee must evaluate the physical conditions of students and refer students to appropriate resources as needed. Decisions made by this employee require discretionary judgment and analysis. Errors may not be easily discernible and may result in serious impact on the individual child and others.
- Develops policies, procedures and work standards for school health program.
- Monitors compliance of school health program with federal, state and local laws, regulations and policies.
- Initiates program changes as needed.
- Prepares health reports for supervisor, board of education and health department.
- Negotiates professional and medical services essential to the school health program.
- Provides first aid care and medically prescribed services.
- Maintains security of school health supplies.
- Serves as a resource person on health issues.
- Provides staff development on health-related topics for school staff and volunteers.
- Screens and conducts health appraisals for students and staff.
- Provides follow-up evaluations on students as required.
- Recommends corrective action where problems are identified.
- Corresponds with parents on health needs of children.
- Records immunizations, health findings, and other relevant health data.
- Considerable knowledge of medical disorders and treatment.
- Considerable knowledge of child growth and development.
- Working knowledge of public health problems and procedures for treatment in coordination with other health and social service agencies.
- Completion of training necessary for licensing as a registered nurse
- Experience in pediatrics and/or public health nursing preferred but not necessary
- Certified by the American Nurses’ Association (ANA) or the National Association of School Nurses (NASN) a plus
Administrative (Full Time)
Name: Julie El-Heet
Title: HR AdministratorEmail: email@example.com
Brighter Horizons Academy - College Preparatory
3145 Medical Plaza Dr, Garland, TX 75044, USA