Description and Requirements
Vice Principal Position Open at Westfall Academy
Westfall Academy, a private fulltime Islamic school catering to Pre-K-7th grade with student population of 85, invites applications for the position of a Vice Principal. Serious consideration will be placed on candidates who will provide vision and leadership to guide the School’s efforts to continue its upward growth, and help provide quality educational experience to Westfall Academy students, and to help design and execute strategic plans to promote school’s mission and its educational goals. Candidates must be US citizens or US residents (Green Card holders).
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate for the position of Vice Principal must be able to work closely with the Principal in providing leadership to guide the School’s efforts to continue its upward growth and to help provide quality educational experience to Westfall Academy students. The Vice Principal will have the responsibility of ensuring qualifications of staff and their professional development, and oversee other academic issues associated with student progress and program success. The Vice Principal will report directly to the Principal who in turn will report to the WAEC, Westfall Academy Education Committee. The Vice Principal will work closely with the Principal in implementing and furthering the educational goals, supporting various programs, taking initiatives to develop programs that will engage the students and parents.
- Is a practitioner of Islam, have sound knowledge of Deen, will promote mission and vision of the school.
- Must have an educational degree with a minimum of a Master’s degree, preferably in Education
- Demonstrate written/oral communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Served on committees and/or organizations and possess the knowledge and understanding of the roles and functions of a school’s vice principal
- Has 3-4 years of experience as an administrator of an Islamic School in USA; has taken formal courses in school administration and school leadership
- School Administration/ leadership certification a plus
- Track record of educational activity and/or teaching and program supervision
- Experience and/or understanding of various mechanisms of education funding and program growth
- Is well organized and prompt
- Possess highly developed problem-solving skills
- Able to prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Commitment to staff support and development
- Has professional demeanor
More information: about the school, visit our website http://www.westfallacademy.org.
Expected Start Date: August 1st, 2018
Salary: Negotiable and will be commensurate with prior experience.
Application Procedure and Materials: Email CV and three letters of recommendation to: Yasmin Kabir: firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative (Full Time)
August 1st, 2018
June 16th 2018
Pay and Benefits
Name: Yasmin Kabir
Title: PrincipalEmail: email@example.com
727 Westfall Rd, Rochester, NY 14620, USA