Head of School
Description and Requirements
- A master’s degree.
- A valid license in the field of school administration.
- Three (3) years of successful experience as a lead school administrator
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may require.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of principles and practices of modern education and the ability to apply them to the needs of the school.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current curriculum and instructional practices and trends.
- Ability to plan and organize effectively.
- Ability to plan and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with students, staff, and the school community.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of various evaluation tools.
- Knowledge of state and local policies and procedures.
- Skills in recruitment, selection, induction, and assignment of personnel.
- Ability to plan and conduct faculty meetings.
- Ability to evaluate staff effectively.
- Ability to manage fiscal resources.
- Assumes responsibility and instructional leadership for the planning, operation, supervision, and evaluation of the educational program.
- Communicates with students, teachers, parents, and community members using a variety of mediums including technology.
- Partners with the admin team to evaluate the effectiveness of instruction and individual teacher performance.
- Supervises and evaluates all members of the administrative team and office staff members.
- Partners with the admin team to coordinate and promotes professional growth plans and opportunities for faculty and staff.
- Establish the goals for the New Teacher Induction and ongoing staff development program.
- Establishes a professional development plan for all building level administrators with on-going dialogue, reflection, and evaluation.
- Provides leadership, guidance, and management for the instructional programs and leadership for the co-curricular and extra-curricular programs.
- Responsible for horizontal and vertical articulation and curricular alignment.
- Review curriculum development proposals from the admin team.
- Oversees all assessments (i.e. IB, AP, FCAT, SAT, ACT, etc.)
- Establishes, monitors, and evaluates school improvement goals as documented in the annual School Improvement Plan.
- Uses data to make decisions about curriculum, assessment, instruction, and all school improvement efforts
- Ensure compliance with FCIS guidelines.
- Maintain the school accreditation with FCIS in good standing.
Facility and Program Leader
- Establishes a culture of mutual respect and excellence through dialogue and relationships with staff, students, central office administrators, and community members
- Develops, monitors, and evaluates programs to enhance positive school culture and climate
- Responsible for staffing, enrollment, and budget decisions involving master schedule development
- Coordinates the selection and placement of all certified and classified staff.
- Overseas all auxiliary school programs (i.e. IB, AP, ESE, Library, Afterschool, Sports, Tutoring, Summer School, etc.)
- Develops a Building Master Schedule and Staff Supervision Schedule
- Develops and monitors overall school and departmental budgets
- Support the Board in the fundraising efforts.
- Ultimately responsible for building operations and maintenance
- Interprets Board policies and creates procedures to support the school vision and mission.
- Updates and Maintains student handbook and all policies and procedures
- Updates and Maintains faculty handbook and all policies and procedures.
- Coordinates with the admin team to ensure effective student management, attendance, and discipline
- Oversees the inventory, purchase, and organization of textbooks and supplies in coordination with the admin team.
- Oversees vendor and service contracts in coordination with the business office
Administrative (Full Time)
Pay and Benefits
Lucrative compensation package 12-month contract 25 paid school holidays and 10 paid sick leave days 401K plan with employer contribution Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance 50% Discount on Children's Tuition
Name: Farhat Siddiqui
Title: Head of SchoolEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
American Youth Academy
5905 E 130th Ave, Tampa, FL 33617, USA