Description and Requirements
PRINCIPAL Position Available
Bright Horizons Academy – Melbourne, FL
Qualified Candidates should forward their resume with cover letter to: email@example.com
ESSENTIAL PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Reports to Board of Directors, BHA.
- Supervises all school personnel, directly and/or indirectly
- Purpose: Serves as the chief administrator of a school in developing and implementing policies, programs, curriculum activities, and budgets in a manner that promotes the educational development of each student and the professional development of each staff member.
- General Planning: Conceptualizes the broad goals of the school and plans accordingly to ensure that procedures and schedules are implemented to carry out the total school program.
- General Coordination: Ensures that the school program is compatible with the legal, financial and organizational structure of the school system. The principal defines the responsibilities and accountability of staff members and develops plans for interpreting the school program to the community.
- Enhancement of Personnel Skills: Provides activities which facilitate the professional growth of the school staff and enhance the quality of the instructional program.
- School Objectives: Identifies the annual objectives for the instructional, extracurricular, and athletic programs of the school.
- Curriculum Objectives: Ensures that instructional objectives for a given subject and/or classroom are developed and involves the faculty and others in the development of specific curricular objectives to meet the needs of the school program. The principal provides opportunities for staff participation in the school program.
- Establishes Formal Work Relationships: Evaluates student progress in the instructional program by means that include the maintaining of up-to-date student data. The principal supervises and appraises the performance of the school staff.
- Facilitates Organizational Efficiency: Maintains inter-school system communication and seeks assistance from central office staff to improve performance. The principal maintains good relationships with students, staff, and parents. The principal complies with established lines of authority.
- New Staff and Students: Orients and assists new staff and new students and provides opportunities for their input in the school program.
- Community: Encourages the use of community resources, cooperates with the community in the use of school facilities, interprets the school program for the community, and maintains communication with community members.
- Supplies and Equipment: Manages, directs, and maintains records on the materials, supplies and equipment which are necessary to carry out the daily school routine. The principal involves the staff in determining priorities for instructional purposes.
- Services: Organizes, oversees, and provides support to the various services, supplies, material, and equipment provided to carry out the school program.
Education and Experience:
Qualified candidates must have:
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in a related field.
- Significant experience in a senior leadership role in an Elementary and Middle school environment in the United States, including at least 5 years of classroom teaching experience, excellent interpersonal, collaborative, communication, organizational, problem solving, and customer service skills.
- Flexibility and the ability to work within a demanding environment where developing positive community relations and a commitment to lifelong learning is critical.
- Valid work authorization in the United States.
Leadership Certification and Arabic is a plus.
Teaching and working experience in Islamic environment is highly desired.
Administrative (Full Time)
July 1, 2018
Pay and Benefits
Salary and Benefits are competitive.
Name: Feras Alqawasmi
Title: Board MemberEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org