Daarul Uloom Islamic School
Position Title: School Principal
Position Type: Full Time
Number of Positions: 1
Start Date: 2023-08-01
Location: Peoria, IL, USA
Daarul Uloom (DU) Islamic School invites applications for the position of a full time Principal to begin work on academic year 2023-2024. Candidates should preferably have an advanced level degree in Education, Math, Science, or related areas. The applicant should have a record of raising academic standards in Islamic and Secular education together with being a proactive educator. The applicant, preferably with leadership and administrative background, is expected to be a team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Daarul Uloom Islamic School, located in Peoria, Illinois offers K-12 grades with a current enrollment ~200 students. Well-qualified faculty with several years of teaching experience and graduate degrees are responsible for teachings its core curriculum. DU student body consists of well-disciplined students supported by an equally committed parent body with aspiration of their children gaining both Islamic and Secular education at the highest academic level. Review of applications will start on Jun1 1, 2023 and will continue until the position is filled. Send a current resume, with a cover letter containing statement of educational, teaching, and leadership philosophy that includes the candidate’s vision for the future of DU.
· Assist in the hiring process and orientation for staff.
· Provide annual performance evaluations for all staff.
· Develop and implement policies and procedures for everyday operations, and ensure fire, health, and other inspections are met.
· Coordinate the annual licensing of the school if needed.
· Maintain documents and record keeping in accordance with laws and best practices.
· Work closely with the school board to ensure school strategy is clearly defined and effectively implemented.
· Maintain open, consistent, and effective communication with the school board and parents.
· Perform other functions that may be assigned by the school board.
Professional Growth and Development:
· Continue learning and developing skills and knowledge that are relevant to the responsibilities in leading the school. Oversee the training and professional development of all staff.
· Use appropriate and effective techniques to encourage community and parent involvement.
· Represent the school in a professional, courteous, and positive manner.
· Promote a positive, caring climate for staff, students, and parents.
· Perform all duties as assigned by the school board.
· Promote and implement Islamic values in the school.
· Master’s degree, teaching certification, principal/educational management qualification.
· Teaching experience for minimum of 3 years
· At least 3 years’ school management/leadership in a similar setting
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, educational leader, strategic planner, knowledge of child protection, health and safety,
· Experience in developing and/or sustaining high performance teams, highly effective relationship management with a variety of stakeholders.
· Budgeting and Financial Analysis preferred.
· Strong Islamic values and knowledge to implement in the school.
· Ability to build community through compassion, collaboration, and inspiration.
Position TypeAdministrative (Full Time)
Name: Khalid Mohammed
Title: HREmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Daarul Uloom Islamic School
4125 W Charter Oak Rd, Peoria, IL 61615, USA