Nashville International Academy
Position Title: School Principal
Position Type: Full Time
Start Date: June 1, 2023
Location: Nashville, TN
Nashville International Academy (NIA) seeks a successful and accomplished educator for the Principal position to continue the school’s goal of becoming the model Islamic Whole Child Education school in the United States. The ideal candidate will lead with its vision and mission. The Principal will be instrumental in driving the institute to the next level and partner with all stakeholders, including parents, students, teachers, staff, and the community.
This is an on-site, full-time position, and the Principal will report to the NIA Board.
- Masters in educational leadership or related fields from an accredited college/university (Doctorate Is preferred but not required)
- 5+ years of teaching experience in an accredited school
- Leadership: Proven track record of leadership, community service, youth mentoring, and outreach initiatives
- Working knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to lead and manage the school with the outlined vision, mission, and whole-child philosophy of education
- Ability to evaluate the instructional programs and teaching effectiveness
- Ability to manage budget and personnel
- Ability to coordinate campus functions
- Ability to implement policy and procedures
- Ability to interpret data
- Prior experience as a Principal/ leader in an Islamic environment
- Islamic & Quranic Education: Intermediate level of education and training is desired
- Strong organizational, communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills
Duties and responsibilities
The Principal shall be the school’s chief administrative officer and shall have the general responsibility for the school under the policies and the guidelines of the school and which have been approved by the NIA Board. The Principal shall supervise the business, academic, and administrative affairs consistent with the Articles of the Bylaws. The responsibilities of the Principal consistent with the policies adopted by the School Board shall be:
- Faithfully, diligently, and competently perform the duties and responsibilities of the Principal in alignment with NIA’s mission and vision.
- To provide a healthy and positive school environment and leadership and to serve the school community in a professional and caring manner.
- To recruit, hire, evaluate, and promote the growth of staff members.
- To comply with the legal requirements of Nashville International Academy and the State of Tennessee regarding the education preparation of administrators.
- To further his/her professional growth.
- To evaluate and supervise the services of all teachers and staff personnel.
- To directly report to the President and Vice President of the School Board.
- To prepare the Annual Operating Budget.
- To establish and maintain positive relations between the school and the community.
- Prepare monthly financial statements for the review of the Treasurer and submission to the Board.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- PTO (Paid time off)
- Tuition discounts for all children attending NIA
- Health insurance reimbursement
Apply: Send your C.V, cover letter, and philosophy of education to: firstname.lastname@example.org
School Website: www.niatn.org
Position TypeAdministrative (Full Time)
Start DateJune 1, 2023
Name: Dr. Zaid Barzinji
Title: NIA Board ChairmanEmail: email@example.com
Nashville International Academy
7335 Charlotte Pike, Nashville, TN 37209, USA