This page contains workshop recordings and resources to support you in engaging your students with the latest tips and tools. In these rapidly changing times, we hope this page can be a go-to for ideas and more as you continually seek to improve your craft.
Teach with Tech: Gamification w/ Sophia Jetpuri
October 21, 2020
During today’s session on Gamification, we discussed how to incorporate games into your classroom to achieve your teaching objectives and keep students engaged!
Here are some resources to help engage your students:
- https://www.ngpf.org/arcade/ (Free Educational Online Games)
- www.Storyjumper.com (Online Storybook Creator)
myactivities (Make custom activities for your classroom)
- https://www.alefbata.com/ (Online Arabic Teaching Games)
- http://wizer.me (Source for tons of Interactive Worksheets)
- https://www.liveworksheets.com/ (Another Source for tons of Interactive Worksheets)
- https://jeopardylabs.com/ (Create Classroom Jeopardy Games)
- NoRedInk.com (Grades student essays easier)
- Gamification Google Drive (Google Drive with Tons of Templates for Games to use in the classroom)
- Quran Curriculum Google Drive (A Google Drive with wonderful resources for teaching Quran)
Thank you for joining us for Teach with Tech!
Teach with Tech: Teaching Reading Online w/ Sophia Jetpuri
September 29, 2020
During today’s session on Teaching Reading Online:
- We Discussed how to engage Readers in all domains of Reading under Common Core
- Explored Online Websites like Common Lit, NewsELA, and Read Theory
- Online Reading assessments, benchmarks, and running records
- Gain access to hundreds of E-books and Bitmoji libraries!
Teach with Tech: Introduction to Nearpod w/ Sophia Jetpuri
September 22, 2020
During today’s session on Nearpod:
- Participants will join and engage in a premade
- See how Nearpod works in real-time, and get to see teacher view
- Watch a demo of creating a Nearpod
- Discover other features and benefits
Teach with Tech: Engaging Students Online w/ Sophia Jetpuri
September 15, 2020
Teach with Tech: Classroom Management in a Virtual World w/ Sophia Jetpuri
September 8, 2020
Teach with Tech: Build Your Own Interactive Notebook w/ Sophia Jetpuri
September 2, 2020
Interactive Notebooks are not just for in-person classrooms. Learn how to create interactive *digital* notebooks in this workshop led by Sophia Jetpuri.
- what are interactive notebooks
- how they support student learning
- how you can create them!
Teach with Tech: Top 10 Chrome Extensions for Educators w/ Sophia Jetpuri
August 19, 2020
We had a wonderful time with Facilitator Sophia Jetpuri learning about the benefits of Chrome Extensions within our classrooms. Check out these life-saving Extensions for Educators!
Teach with Tech- Bitmoji Classroom w/ Sophia Jetpuri
August 12, 2020
*Unfortunately we encountered a technical problem 40 minutes into the workshop when the video stopped recording. However, the voice is still there. We hope you can still follow along with the verbal directions!
Examples of Bitmoji Classrooms from Teach with Tech Students:
Resources from the Bitmoji Classroom can be accessed here: https://linktr.ee/americanmuslimteacher
Sister Huda Taji's Bitmoji Classroom
Sister Amber's Bitmoji Classroom
Sister Nuzkiya's PreK Bitmoji Classroom
Sister Dalia's Arabic - Bitmoji Classroom
Teach with Tech Intro
August 5, 2020
In this webinar, Dr. Seema Imam shares foundational information about teaching with technology, including tips for virtual teaching, a quick overview of ISTE standards, and the “Triple E” framework.